Mindfulness has so many benefits that have been established by scientific research. It’s hard to summarise them briefly – but here goes!
- Anxiety, stress, depression, exhaustion and irritability all decrease with regular sessions of meditation.
- Mindfulness can dramatically reduce pain and the emotional reaction to it.
- Mindfulness improves working memory, creativity, attention span and reaction speeds.
- Mindfulness enhances mental and physical stamina and resilience.
- Meditation improves emotional intelligence.
- Meditation improves the immune system.
- Meditation improves heart and circulatory health by reducing blood pressure and lowering the risk of hypertension.
In short, regular meditators are happier and more contented, while being far less likely to suffer from psychological distress!
I completed a Mindfulness Teacher Training Retreat in 2013, with Bangor University. Since then I have facilitated a number of Mindfulness workshops for groups of adults, and for families. If you are interested in attending a mindfulness workshop, then please see my events page for details of upcoming mindfulness workshops.